Today’s forecast looked even worse than yesterday so the postponement flag was hoisted in the morning. We then proceeded to do all of the things that ensure wind – namely other things like packing the boats, going power boating and canoeing. And by 10:45 the faithful who stuck it out were treated to a 7-9 knot breeze from the SSE.
We got 4 more races in before the time limit. I won the first race using a similar strategy to yesterday. But as the conditions changed in the 2nd and 3rd races and as I went into lead-conservation-mode – I found that everyone else was suddenly just as fast as I was and there weren’t many passing lanes. I settled for 3rd in the next two races and not knowing if there was a drop or not in the last race, I just figured I just had to be better than DFL. A 6 in that race ended up being my drop and I ended up 1st by 5 points.
It was great for me to finally put more than a just few races together and get a good result. Thanks Steve, Dorian and everyone else for doing everything they did to put on the regatta. I enjoyed sailing with the SSA Laser sailors and look forward to sailing with them again soon.